Monday, February 9, 2009

We're in the Red Zone!


That's what Tyson is calling it now...the red zone. :) My due date is 18 days away, which basically means that I could go into labor any time now. Wow, that's a sobering thought! It didn't really sink in until my doctor's appointment last Monday when I found out that I am 1 - 2 centimeters dilated already. I freaked out just a little (OK, maybe more than a little), but then later found out that many expectant moms stay there for even a month! Regardless, it was a reality check! (At today's appointment, I found out that I haven't progressed any in the last week...thanfully!)

We have been spending the past couple of weeks making some "final" preparations, realizing that our time before Camryn arrives is getting shorter and shorter. We've installed the car seat in my car, finished the nursery, and we're in the middle of a 3 week childbirth education class.

So here are some pictures of what we've been up to. You can see that the belly is definitely getting bigger, and boy, am I feeling it! I'm not in pain or anything, I just feel like she's pushing on everything inside me when she moves! Also, here's the latest progress on the nursery:

This weekend, we went on a shopping trip, and used gift cards to pick up some things that we still needed for her room. We got a diaper pail and a changing pad/covers, plus we have put a little shelf on the wall for wipes, etc.

Last weekend, my parents stopped by on their way out of the country (on a trip to Israel!...they'll be back this week), and they dropped off the crib skirt and bumper. Oh, wow, they turned out so good! I was thrilled with the result, and I think they look great in the room! Here's the whole crib put together...

And here is a better view of the inside of the bumper...I love how the fabrics all look together. Girly, but not baby-ish...just what I wanted!

So we're in the home stretch! I am so thankful for how I have felt throughout this pregnancy...the nurse today even commented about what a great pregnancy I've had...and she sees LOTS of pregnant ladies! We are prayerful for a healthy baby and mommy, and for Camryn to wait until at least her due date to make her arrival (the longer she waits, the less I have to go back to school at the very end of the year!). We'll keep you posted...

7 comments:

Megan said...

Cutest baby belly ever. Love the room, sorry you waited until now to do your classes. :) I hope she lets you finish those. Oh, and I was 1-2 the whole last month. We can't wait to see the BIG post.

Zach and Alyson said...

I love the bedding. It looks perfect. Can't wait to see that room in person and to see your little miss in a few short days, but hopefully she'll stay in there a little bit longer. The less school the better. ;-)

texasholls said...

The nursery is so cute! We're hoping with you that Camryn stays put just a few more weeks.

Larissa Smith said...

You look great! And so does the nursery. Since you'll spend alot of time in there, I'm glad you're pleased with the results.

Oh, how I remember that phase of wanting to stay pregnant and wanting to have a baby at the same time. My one piece of end-of-pregnancy advice is to make any notes of how pregnancy feels to you, keep your hand on your belly at all times, etc. Soak in the experience in whatever way is meaningful to you. It was weird that I had been pregnant, then all of a sudden, I wasn't. Just like that. So pay attention and enjoy this last stretch!

Jennifer said...

The nursery is gorgeous, and you look fantastic! I'm so glad for you that you're still feeling good!

And yeah, NO worries about being dilated. Bennett was a big baby, so I was thrilled when I found out about a month before that I was already 1cm...then REALLY disappointed when that NEVER changed, not even up to being induced! hee. These babies do whatever they want to do, when they want to do it :) Can't wait to see the beautiful pictures of your new arrival!

Elizabeth said...

You look great and I love the nursery! I can't wait to meet sweet little Camryn!

Shevawn said...

and she's coming today!!! Can't wait to meet her!