Wednesday, November 19, 2008

100 days

Well, it's official...the counter over on the side of the page says I have 100 days to go! I remember counting down to our wedding and feeling all of the excitement and anticipation...this is not too different from that. There are so many new things that we will be experiencing 100 days from now, and I don't really feel prepared for any of it! (Who does, right?)

We have been spending some time lately working on the nursery. We just finished painting the walls last night, and we are planning on assembling the crib sometime this week. We also just got home from picking up a second-hand dresser/changing table. It feels good to be making some kind of preparations and to see that things are getting done. I will post pictures soon!

I am still feeling well and enjoying being a 5 1/2 month pregnant lady. :) The belly is definitely growing, and people comment almost every day. It has been interesting to hear the variety of comments from people about the belly. I know that everyone who says something is trying to say something nice and to show their excitement about the baby, so I try to keep that in mind. Especially when someone says something like, "Wow, you're getting big!" or "I don't think that shirt is going to fit much longer!" **Tip for saying things to pregnant ladies (and I learned this a year or two ago from my friend, Larissa, but I can't find her blog post about it...) if in doubt, just say, "You look cute!" We know you're referring to the belly! :) I will post another picture of that soon, too.

And for those of you waiting for the next chapter of our testimony, I promise, we haven't forgotten! It's the best part of the story, so I will definitely be working on that post. In the mean time, be blessed, all you out there in blog-land!

4 comments:

Zach and Alyson said...

You do look cute Sarah! ;-) Hope that you're having a good week. Can't wait to see you tomorrow for shopping and Twilight. ;-)

Larissa Smith said...

You are so right that we're never actually ready. You'll do great, though! I'm looking forward to all the pictures.

(I found it! I know my old blog is a little weird on accessing older stuff, but it's still there. http://www.teamarequipa.net/blog/larissa/2006/11/what-not-to-say-to-pregnant-woman.html)

Beth said...

yeah for 100 days!! I'm so excited, and I love the new blog look. See you Saturday!

Sarah Kirksey said...

Thanks, gals! :) Beth, I made my own header...I know...I'm so good at technology! ;)