Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Baby Update!

Geesh, it's been a while! It seems like it's time again for a picture of the growing belly, and an update of what's been going on with us baby-wise. Since I last blogged about Baby Kirksey (and this will be news to you if you're not family or a Facebooker!), we found out that we're having a girl! No, we have not picked a name yet. No, we/I have not picked out bedding yet. Yes, we're working on it! :) The doctor said that he was 100% certain that she was a girl, so my mom, sister, and mother-in-law went ahead and got us some sweet, pink baby things...it has begun! :)

As for me, I am still feeling really good overall. There are some minor discomforts that I won't discuss here, but generally I feel pretty normal. I am definitely bigger, though, as you can see. So far I've gained several inches around the waist and a few pounds...I'm sure it will be much more before she gets here!

I am feeling her move all the time now (right now actually!) , and Tyson has been able to feel her move, too. That is a little strange, but still so cool at the same time! I have heard it described as "a flutter" or "like having butterflies in your stomach." No way! First of all, it is way to low down to be in my stomach, especially at this point! And, it's not really as gentle as those descriptions make it sound. I think it feels like a nudge from someone, but from the inside instead. How would you describe that feeling??

The funny thing lately is that my students have started to say things to me about having a baby. I didn't feel the need to make a big announcement to them...I assumed they would ask if they were curious. For example, today I had a boy hang around after 2nd period and say to me, "Mrs. Kirksey, there is a rumor going around this school that you're going to have a baby. Are you?" Ha! I thought it was so funny how he said the rumor was going around the whole school...apparently I'm big news! :) All of the kids who have said anything have been so sweet and excited...I appreciate that!

So here are some pictures of baby and me. The sonogram pictures are from 2 weeks ago when we found out that she was a she! They are a little tough to decipher, so I'll try to explain each one. Enjoy!!


Me (and the belly!) at 21 1/2 weeks.
Sonogram picture at 19 weeks. She's in a crouched position, and you can see her leg bones and rib cage!
Another sonogram picture. Here you can see her face on the right, and a hint of ribs on the left. She's laying on her side, and her face is turned toward us. :)

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yay! I am glad you posted. You look great! It makes me laugh that there are "rumors" about you at school. Have a great weekend!

the libbys said...

wow, sarah! you are definitely showing!!! i can't wait to see in person this weekend! :) i meant to email you after your left me a FB comment...I'll do it right now.

Sarah said...

Yay for a little girl! That is soooo much fun! You are looking great.

Dana said...

Cute, cute, cute, CUTE, CUTE!!! Love, Mom

the libbys said...

ha! yah, the cell phone is definitely still alive & kickin! I guess i didn't capture it in any of the pictures! :( and 3 1/2 months...i think i'm starting to get a little freaked out now! but in a good way!