Sunday, September 21, 2008

17 Weeks Update


Here is an updated picture of the baby bump! :) The baby and I have definitely grown since I last posted a picture! I have had to make the leap with some of my pants to wearing the Bella Band (actually, the Motherhood Maternity version of it). It really is great...so thanks to all the moms and moms-to-be out there for the great advice! I also went shopping this weekend with my mom to look at cribs and maternity clothes...so fun! I now own 2 maternity shirts (so pretty!), but I'm not quite big enough to wear them yet. I'm sure it won't be too much longer. ;)

I went to the doctor last week, and he was pleased with my weight gain (2 lbs. since the previous appointment 4 weeks earlier), said the baby's heartbeat sounded perfect, and my blood pressure looked great. Those were all good things to hear! I go back (with hubby in tow) on October 2 to find out if we're having a boy or girl. We are both very ready and excited for that day! Then we'll start turning our "Batman Room" into a nursery!

I'm not quite sure yet, but I think I may have felt the baby in the last week or so. It's a little hard for a first-timer like me to distinguish from other things moving around in there! :) (was that TMI??) I am still feeling really good, so I am thankful for that. I will be working on the next installment of my testimony this coming week, so be looking for that. Be blessed, all of you out there in blog-land!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

That's so exciting that you are starting to feel movement. It's SO much fun when you get to feel them move around and then their daddies can too! Can't wait to see what you guys are having!

Larissa Smith said...

Yeah, I distinctly remember sitting at the mall one day when I couldn't keep up with my mom and sisters and thinking I felt one good kick, but then nothing else and I never was sure if I did or not. They say it feels like a butterfly or gas bubbles or something, but you will just realize one day that there is no way those feelings are anything but another human being. That was one of my favorite things, especially when I realized I could rub her foot or something. Enjoy the process! It actually goes very quickly.

texasholls said...

I've read that some people can feel their baby moving at the end of the 4th month so I bet you really have felt something. I am kind of excited to see if that happens for me at the end of this month.

the libbys said...

at my 'gender double check' appointment yesterday the doc asked if i'd felt anything yet...when i said i couldn't tell, she said, 'well, since your baby is so low, you probably won't feel anything until week 20'. BOO! i'm jealous! maybe in 3 more weeks! 1 more week til we know what baby kirksey is!