
Yes, it has begun. I am starting to get a little pooch in my belly! I didn't really notice until this week when I was dressing for school. I put on a nicer top that I didn't wear all summer, and there it was...the belly was definitely noticeable. I guess I'm in that awkward time when I don't really look pregnant yet, I just look (in my own mind anyway) a little chubbier than usual. :) I had to try several things before I found an outfit that didn't accentuate the tummy, but I figured it out. Thankfully my clothes all still fit, they just look different.
I find that I'm having some conflicting feelings about the whole body thing. First of all, it is kind of a sad moment to be losing my figure, but I feel like the belly is a little trophy as well. Being pregnant is something that we prayed about and wanted for quite some time. So, even though my vanity is slightly getting in the way, I'm reminding myself that I'm a proud to be a mommy-to-be!
On that note, I'm trying to wait as long as possible before buying any actual maternity clothes...any tips on how to make my regular stuff last longer??
8 comments:
You must try the bellaband. There are different brands. You can find them at any maternity store. They come in different colors. It fits over the top of your pants and allows you to wear them unzipped or unbuttoned for as long as you can stand it. It looks like a longer undershirt. I got one in black. It seemed to go with a lot more things. Also, check out the maternity stores for summer clearance items. You aren't going to have a really cold summer so see if there is anything that you would wear later on that has been discounted. OK, that is all I will say for now. :)
i agree with the belly band thing (i've received the same advice) but i've also been told just to use a rubber band or something like that if you need to wear your jeans unbuttoned. horray for finally getting a pooch! maybe mine will come in another 8 days! haha :)
I tried both, and here's my take. If the belly band (Bella band is the best) is spandexy, it doesn't work nearly as well as the more clothlike ones. To use a rubber band, hook it on the button, loop it through the button hole, then hook back on the button. Then just wear a long enough shirt to cover.
Another thing I did to stretch my work wardrobe was to buy some maternity camisoles, then I wore them under my non-maternity button down shirts, so that I could wear them open when they got too snug. Then I kept using the tanks under sweaters and stuff when it got cooler or to sleep in.
I'm not sure where you like to shop, but I had good finds at Penneys, Sears, and Motherhood Maternity that were reasonably priced.
As for embracing your bump, I figured it was the one way in my life that a belly pooch is acceptable, so I had no reason to be self-conscious about it for once. Very freeing : )
hmmm. I wouldn't get to worried yet. I didn't notice you looking any bigger last time I saw you, but...soon I'm sure. I keep telling myself. Okay, at least two more weeks before I start to look fatter. :) Or I guess I should say bigger. Fatter is not a fair word when your pregnant. I have seen adds for those bands as well in different magazines and am planning on trying one when I can no longer button my pants. lol.
I don't have any advice, but you look adorable!
The bump is so cute! Hey do those belly band things work for people (who me?) with jeans that don't want to zip?
I heart the bump and most importantly... I heart you!
sarah...many congrats on the baby.to.be! I somehow missed the news on facebook...but I just became friends with beth on there and heard she is an auntie.to.be! So excited for ya'll!!!
btw...precious baby bump!!! you wear it well!!
Post a Comment