Yard sale coffee table from our first home as married people - Harding West Marrieds apartment B-16. :) We simplified it and made it smaller to fit our tiny living room.

Dining room of our current house. Do not adjust your monitor settings...that really is a matching padded wall, table runner, and curtains! That's how the former owners had it decorated. Once again, we simplified. And, I heart orangey red. :)
Bathroom in our current house. Can you say, "major overhaul?" We took it from 1983 with his and hers sides (one vanity, closet and entrance door each), brown cultered marble, and carpet (ewww, in a bathroom?!?) to 1 big vanity, 1 big closet, and nice new tile. Major thanks go to Tyson's parents for their huge help on this project! And, yes, these two pictures were taken from the same spot in the room...did I mention this was a major overhaul?
In the living room we took down the dark paneling and replaced it with painted drywall. A much simpler project than the bathroom, and it really brightened the room, made it feel bigger, and brought it out of the 1980's.
Camryn's room. I don't have a good before picture of the opposite corner...that's where the huge mural of Gotham City was. Not very girly, so we changed it to golden yellow walls with black, cream, and pink...but not too much pink. :)

Just had to throw this one in there. :) The pregnancy wasn't always easy, but so worth it now! The before picture was about 1 week before Camryn came, and the after was last month...such a sweet girl!
The den/office/play room. For the last 3 years it has been brown paneling and dingy white drywall. We recently finished painting everything and rearranging the layout. Aaaaah, much better. :) (Anyone remember Kevan's dog Bailey? Apparently she came to visit us once!)
This is a little project that I saw on Martha this week, and it actually looked easy enough for me attempt. By just folding old magazines (no cutting, no glue, no nothing) I got a couple of cute, office-y Christmas trees! It took a while to fold each page three times, but really, what else do I have to do. ;)
So, there you have it...our favorite before-and-after moments. What about you...what's your best before-and-after? Pictures, please! :)
5 comments:
First of all I'm TOTALLY IMPRESSED by your before and after pictures. Your home looks great!! Everything you did definitely opened up the home so much more!!
And can you send me the directions for these magazine trees? They look fun and we have lots of extra magazines just lying around! My email is cheryl.mcfaddin@gmail.com!
SO, SO GOOD Sarah!! You and Tyson have transformed that house.
you guys do such a great job redoing things! I almost don't even remember you pregnant! :) i'm definitely consulting you before I make any more changes in our casa!
Wow! Your den looks fantastic! You are so talented at decorating and making things feel homey. : )
I remember the before in the Den before the wet bar was removed. What a major difference.
Tim K.
Post a Comment