Sunday, May 10, 2009

2nd 6 Weeks

(First of all, geesh! It's been 6 weeks since I blogged...shame on me!)

Going back and reading that previous post, I realize how much Camryn has grown and changed in such a short amount of time. I guess she is TWICE as old now as she was then, but still! She is growing so fast, and is getting sweeter, cuter, and more fun all the time! :) This will probably be the last "report card" that Camryn gets for a while...since I won't be a teacher any more after this year, I'm going to take a hiatus from giving grades!



BABY REPORT CARD
Student: Camryn Kirksey
Grading Period: 2nd 6 Weeks

Being Cute: A+

Tummy Time: B+
Smiling: A+
Here's a picture of her completing an "assignment" that counts for all 3 of these classes:
Sleeping: A-

The day she turned 9 weeks old, Camryn turned in her "Sleeping Through the Night" assignment for the first time! She has woken up just a few times since then to eat in the middle of the night, but mostly she sleeps from 9:30 or 10:00 until 6:30 or 7:00. Yay! Here's a pic of how we usually find her in the morning...for some reason she likes to turn her head around like this and wiggle her arms and legs out of the blanket. Hey, whatever works! :)
Dirtying Diapers - A++
I don't really need to go into detail on this one, do I?? ;)

Eating - A +
I don't have a picture of this class, but Camryn is a really good eater. We have never had problems with her nursing, and she even takes a bottle really well. That was something I was worried about because I will be going back to school on May 19th (so sad!), but she eats from a bottle like a champ! Also, I know she's eating well because she's doing a good job of growing and gaining weight. We went to the doctor for a 2 month check-up on April 15th. She weighed 11 pounds, and was 22 1/4 inches long...50th percentile for both!

New Classes this 6 Weeks:

Car Trips: A+

Since the last report card, Camryn has been on several trips out of town. Our first trip was over Easter weekend, and we went to Tyler to visit a whole bunch of grandparents, aunts, and uncles. Since then we have been back to Tyler once (for Kevan and Katie's shower!) and to Abilene (for Kevan's graduation...yay Kev!). She slept basically the entire time we were in the car, coming and going, for all of those trips! Granted, none of them were over 3 hours long, but still, she did great!


Talking: B-

Also since last 6 weeks, Miss Camryn has really started talking! OK, talking might be a bit strong of a word...really she can only say vowels at this point (you know, "eeeeh" or "aaaaah")! She and I even had a little conversation the other night! She would make her cooing sound, and I would make one back. She would watch me, then make another sound right after I finished...so cute! :)

Teacher's Comments:
Camryn is a wonderful student! She is showing improvement in all categories, and I love having her in my class!

6 comments:

Megan said...

She is so beautiful Sarah! Thank your lucky stars that she is sleeping through the night already and taking a bottle (2 things AG DID NOT do, and two things that will really help you through the end of your school year). I am so glad to see a post. Don't hesitate to post more even if it just pictures. Some of us aren't so fortunate to drive over to see you in person! We LOVE to see pictures. Love you guys.

Jennifer said...

Precious! What a sweet mommy you are! Hang in there with going back to school - I had to go back for two months after I had Bennett and it was SO hard, I won't lie, but the time really did fly, and you won't have to be back for too long. It'll be over before you know it and then you can have 24/7 again to soak in your sweet baby :)

Dana said...

I can tell that Camryn Joy is an excellent student. Her vocabulary skills are impressive and she shows great improvement in tummy time and sleeping through the night. Camryn's wonderful attitude is reflected in all the work that she does!

Beth said...

Yeah for Camrn & her good grades! :) I love the tummy time picture, she's just too cute for words!!

Shevawn said...

Glad to see that Camryn is now an honor student... :) Just adorable!

have a lovely said...

oh thanks so much sarah! it looks like mommyhood agrees with you beautifully...speaking of your little teacup is a beauty and looks to be quite the happy girl!!!